Yesterday was the first rain here that I have experienced. It rained a few nights ago but I was not awake for it. It all started sometime during my siesta yesterday afternoon. I woke up and I was extremely confused to see that it was not sunny. At first I thought I had overslept until 8 but upon closer inspection, it turned out to be clouds and the ground was soaked. I had a discussion with my host mom about the rain and she says that this is really weird because it never rains in Andalucía. The rain stopped after a little while and I went out with some friends. On our way back home, however, it started to rain again. My pants got a little wet on the bottom but other than that I was fine because I was smart enough to bring an umbrella with me. This umbrella, by the way, is an international traveler because I originally found it in Germany and it also spent some time in the Czech Republic. It is obviously now in Spain with me. This umbrella sure is lucky. So when I got back to the apartment I had dinner and I also had some fruit for dessert. Maribel asked me if I wanted some melon and I said yes assuming that it was going to be watermelon. When she came back, it was not what I expected. It was white with the same texture as a cantaloupe. The taste was kind of a cross between watermelon and cantaloupe. Needless to say, I really like it and I hope I get some more today. I don't think I have ever had that fruit before. Is it even sold in the U.S.? Have I just never seen it before? Who knows? It was good and that is all that matters.
Word of the day: Llover - to rain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well llover (get it llover/lover) I believe the fruit you ate may have been honeymelon or honeydew or something like that.
Post a Comment