Thursday, September 27, 2007

Money

So people here are really weird about their money. Unlike the U.S., everyone uses cash to pay. Most places I don't even think you can use a credit card and at the places you can use one, they probably would look at you oddly and kind of be annoyed. When you pay with cash though, they are very picky about it. If what you are buying only costs one euro and you pay with a 5, they will ask you if you have anything smaller. I am pretty sure that a 5 is pretty small so I don't know why they keep asking. I mean if I had the one euro, I would pay with the one euro and not break out the 5. It seems like every time I pay for something, this happens. Like I bought floss yesterday and they asked me for a smaller denomination. Does everyone here just always have the exact change? I don't know, this is ridiculous though. I almost feel like I should just be carrying around one euro coins. That would be weighty.

Word of the day: Hilo - floss

Phrase of the day: ¿Tiene suelto? - Do you have change/lower denomination.

No comments: