So today was a normal day unlike any other. We had an optional culture shock meeting today at the office where we talked about how we were liking Spain so far and such and we also got some free pizza. It wasn't as good as the pizza in the States but it was decent. At the meeting I found out from Paula, the resident director, that my host mom, Maribel, has a daughter. I was also told that her daughter got married this past summer. So this evening while getting ready for dinner, I asked Maribel about her daughter and the wedding. She was so excited so she showed me a bunch of pictures from the wedding. First of all, her daughter's name is Natale (not entirely sure on the spelling). She lives in Brussels right now but in November, she is moving to London. Her husband is from Paris and his name is something like Jean-Francoise. She is a lawyer and he is a sociologist or something of the sort. Maybe he teaches sociology. Oh well that doesn't really matter. The wedding was in July and it was in Granada. The pictures were gorgeous and her daughter is really pretty. I also found out that because Maribel was hosting a student during the summer, she got to be in the wedding. How lucky is that?! I want to be in a Spanish wedding. Apparently for the first dance, they newlyweds did not do a waltz but an Argentine tango. I want to learn how to dance the Argentine tango! My goodness, it looked and sounded like so much fun and I am so glad that I had a somewhat long conversation in Spanish. Not to sound too corny, but I think this strengthened my relationship with Maribel because now she knows that I am interested in her life. I hope this leads to many more conversations with her and eventually maybe it won't be such broken Spanish on my part. :-)
Words of the day: Galleta - cookie
Sello - stamp
Why they are the WsOD:
Maria got sent some cookies from home and she let me have some. They are really good.
I bought 3 stamps today. Do you think you are one of the lucky ones that will be receiving mail from me soon?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment