Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Primer día

Today was the first day of class. I have two teachers within the 4 hours. From 10 to 11:50 my teacher's name is Rosa. She is nice but seems a little dry in her teaching. I will update you if things change with her. The second professor from 11:10 to 2 is fantastic. Her name is Encarna and she is so energetic. We spent the whole time in her class asking her questions about herself and then we would chime in if we had something to say that related to what she had said. After class I went home for lunch, had a quick siesta, and then went out. I went to the AIFS office to see if they had the book that I needed for my classes. They didn't so my next stop was the university bookstore. Before I left the office though, I checked the mail box and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had received my first letter. Who was it from you ask? No other than my favorite boyfriend (because we all know that I have more than one), Travis. It felt cool to get a letter and it reminded me of waiting for letters to come while Travis was at bootcamp. After I read the letter, I met up with my friends and we all traversed to the bookstore. I bought the book and then we went walking around the calles and window shopped.

Word of the day: Abanico - fan (paper)

Why it is the WOD:
It is always really hot in Granada and people are always using the cool hand fans that you can flip out quickly and it reminds me of Spain for some reason. Since the day I arrived to see all the señoras standing around at the bus stop and quickly fanning themselves, I have wanted one. Today was the day because after much searching I found a fan that was inexpensive and that seemed to me to be of good quality. Now whenever I start feeling a bit hot, I can easily flip out my fan and pretend that I am Spanish. And also, abanico is the name of the book I had to buy. I just realized that last night and I kind of laughed to my self. I think my host mom is starting to think I am crazy with random bouts of laughter coming from my room.

1 comment:

tjcrewd said...

As long as I'm your favorite, that's all that matters. And I'm sure they warned her aheacd of time about the lunatic girl she would be hosting this semester.