Thursday, October 4, 2007

Barcelona

Right now I am on a computer in the basement of a hostel in Barcelona. Maria is with me so it is not too sketchy. I flew into Barcelona yesterday and I fly back to Granada on Sunday. It has been a great week so far because on Saturday I went to Madrid with AIFS. Then on Sunday we took a day trip to el Escorial (burial place for kings and queens) and also Segovia (a city where Walt Disney supposedly modeled the castle in Snow White after the one that is there). Monday we spent the day in Madrid and went to the Palace and also a museum. Then we left Madrid on Tuesday and spent the day in Toledo which used to be the capital before Madrid. It was fun and exciting. Then I got back to Granada around 8 on Tuesday night. I woke up the next day at 5:15 and left the apartment at 6:15. Maria and I finally got to our hostel in Barcelona at around noon. We spent yesterday walking around and we also walked around today. For brunch this morning we went to a bagel place. It was so lovely and the bagel was wicked good. I had a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese. Delicious! I have taken so many pictures already and I should be able to put them online by Monday. We shall see though. I have so many it might take forever. Oh yeah so it is really annoying being in Barcelona because even though it is in Spain, everyone speaks Catalan. It is a mixture between French and Spanish. I can´t understand them. It is so frustrating. Conveniently, many things are written in Spanish and English in addition to Catalan. Well I should get going because I am hungry and Maria and I are making some yummy pasta tonight. I have not had pasta in forever, I can´t wait!

No comments: