Monday, September 3, 2007

Horario

We signed up for classes today. Classes start October 9th or something like that. I signed up for a translation class which I hope will help me with my vocabulary. I am also taking a grammar class that is mandatory, a class on the political system of the European Union, another class on Spanish history from Franco to present, and then the last one is Hispanic literature. We have to take at least four classes so I have the option of dropping one within the first week if I don't like it. While I wait for October to arrive, September is filled with a 4 hour a day class of intensive advanced Spanish. I love it how I got my level changed. So that starts tomorrow morning at 10 and goes until 2. I got a good time for the class. Some people have to start at 9 which doesn't seem to be that bad but you need to remember that it takes about 30 minutes to walk to the building that it is in. I just had my bocadillo which is the same thing as a sandwich but it uses a loaf of bread instead of prepackaged slices. I am going out at 10 for tapas with some friends so that should be fun. Tapas for anyone who does not know are appetizers but they are free with the drink that you buy. It might only be free in Granada though. I am not entirely positive. I hope it will be a fun night!

Word of the day: Melocotón - peach

Why it is the WOD:
Every night after my bocadillo, my señora gives me a piece of fruit. So far it has just been un melocotón. I did not know the word for it so tonight I asked her. Every time I eat it though, it reminds me of Meg because she is allergic to it.

1 comment:

Meg said...

yay! i am glad you are reminded of me!!