CLM stands for el Centro de las lenguas modernas and that is where I have class every day. It is away from the actual university but it is not too far away. I am at the CLM right now because I am uploading some long awaited pictures. I tried to do it with my in an out internet connection in my apartment but it would not work. That is why I had to come here. They have free wireless for all the students and it is pretty good. It is so much better than what I have in my apartment. Right now I am uploading the London stopover photos and that might be all I have time for. I am sorry for the delay but what can I do. The CLM is closed over the weekend so I will make every effort to come here Monday to try and finish.
I have starte to get sick which is crap. I have a sore throat and a headache. It started yesterday and I didn't really think anything of it until last night when I woke up at 2am because of it. I am hoping that is goes away quickly without having to get medication or something. I cough from time to time but it doesn't really bother me that much. My headache got worse during class but when I got home I was treated with pizza! All the food has been great here so far but it was a nice reminder of home. After lunch I went into my room and ended up taking a two and a half hour nap. I know, crazy, but I was really tired and a little bit sick. After my pictures have been uploaded I am going out to get some ice cream. Now I am only doing this in the hopes of making my throat feel better. I think ice cream is a much better cure than medication. I am going to Los Italianos which is by far the best ice cream in town. I was planning on taking my parents and Meg there when they come in December but unfortunately I found out that it is only open in the summer. So by October it will be closed. How sad! I guess I better stock up now. :-)
Words of the day: La garganta - throat
La cabeza - head
El cuello - neck
La axila - armpit
Phrase of the day for me: Me duele la garganta y la cabeza. - My throat and head hurts me.
Everyone will be fluent in no time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, I knew all of your "Words of the day" I felt like I was listening to my "Spanish for Nurses" tape. Hope your throat feels better, and hope it is not strep. Keep me posted.
Love, Mom, your nurse
Post a Comment