Last night was simply a fabulous night. Karen, her friend Chessy, and I all went to los baños arabes arabes (arab baths) for a fun hour of sitting in hot water. There were two baths, one cold and one hot. We basically spent the whole time in the hot one but took a few trips to the cold one just to cool down a bit. To make the whole experience even better, we all got a 15 minute massage. There were two masseuses; one male and the other female. I was partnered with Chessy so I let her pick which one she wanted because she doesn´t speak Spanish. She obviously picked the women so I had the guy give me the massage. I hope Travis doesn´t get too jealous. It was awkward at first but then I got over it. All in all, it was just lovely and I don´t know how to describe it any more. I want to go back (hint to mom and dad). After the baths, we went out and got tapas which were good and filling. I had a good night sleep and I am ready to finish out the school year. For other news, two weekends ago, I participated in a photo contest along with Jenny, Maria, and Ashley for our program. Today we got the results and we found out that we won! Hooray for us! Now I think that the prize money is 75 euros to a restaraunt of our choice so that is pretty snazzy. I don´t know where we are going to go yet but it should be fun either way. Later on I will try to post the winning picture along with the other ones from the contest. I don´t know when I will be able to do it though because when I woke up this morning, there was no internet connection in my room. I hope that I haven´t lost it forever but it won´t be too awful because I only have 2 weeks left in the apartment. I should count how many days I have left living with Maribel. Yeah, definitely only 14 more days because on weekend I am going to Morocco and another weekend I will be in Madrid with Meg!
Word of the day: Relajarse - to relax
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's about time you took a bath. Are you hinting that your parents need a bath too?
Um, we are totally going to an Arab bath and getting messages. There is not question about this. Also ... good job on the photo contest!! You've got to let us see the picture. Man, I've never won a photo contest. Can't wait to see you in Madrid in 17 days!
Post a Comment