If you have not noticed already, I have been writing less and less and it is because I am simply tired of writing. I know you must be incredibly disappointed but I felt it my duty to let you know why I have not posted in over a week. There has not been much to write about either because Granada is finally just a normal city that I live in, not a crazy new environment like it was before. The only thing really worth noting is Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. Yes, we did have a dinner but it obviously was not like what we have in the states. For starters, there were plates of appetizers with an odd assortment of things. It had cold corn, beets, lettuce, bamboo shoots or at least that is what Karen thought they were, kiwi, and maybe something else but I don't remember. On other plates were just some little slices of ham...how typical. Spain is crazy about their ham and I never knew that there were so many types of it until I came here. Aside from the appetizers, we also got a roll of bread. I think I would have been shocked if bread was not already waiting for us when we got there. Bread is also a big thing here, they have it with every meal and I think everyone's señora is shocked when we turn it down. Surprisingly, I have even turned down bread. I know what you are thinking Meg so try not to die of a heart attack. You might see what I am talking about when you get here which is in less than 3 weeks! Anyway, our next dish was this tasty soup. I absolutely love soup now. I think it is my favorite thing here but it makes sense seeing as I get a different soup almost everyday for lunch. I am not sure what kind of soup it was but I think I heard people saying that it was calabazas which translates to pumpkin or squash but I am not sure if they got the correct information or really where they got it from. It was green and creamy and it had croûtons in it that I originally thought was going to be meat before I ate it so I was shocked when it turned out to be crunchy. Now on to the main dish: a heaping pile of stuffing with some turkey on the side, peas, mashed potatoes that were a little too much on the creamy side, and I think the last thing was a slice of sweet potato, either way I didn't eat it. Along with the sweet potato that I did not eat, I also did not eat the stuffing because I was deterred by the crunchyness of it. I think they put nuts in it. Is that how stuffing is usually made? I am not too sure. The turkey was good considering that the chef has probably never made it before and the mashed potatoes and peas were good as well. I wish I got more peas though. For dessert, they gave us some pumpkin flan which I was not fond of at all. I had a few nibbles and I was done. We did, however, get another dessert because it was this girls birthday that day and one of her friends had brought a cake. Yummy! It wasn't really a cake but it was chocolate and good. We all only got a little slice because there were so many people but it was better than nothing. I think that is all to report for now. I will try to write more so you guys will have something to do while you are procrastinating at work or whatever you all do. Hasta luego!
Word of the day: Día de acción de gracias
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment