Last night we lost our soccer game. It is sad that there are no more organized sports games and it makes me want to join a team when I get back. The game was ridiculous though because the other team consisted only of chicos and they were such chauvinistic pigs. Before the game started, one of them asked one of the guys on the AIFS team if we wanted to borrow some players seeming to indicate that we would need help seeing as our team was mostly chicas. I could have lived with just that but throughout the game, they treated us like delicate flowers that would surely break. Every time someone fell down, they would go out of their way to help us up to the point where it was annoying. They made comments about how they are not used to playing with girls and that it was just plain weird for us to be playing. At one point towards the end, I was standing on the sidelines because I was subbed out and the ball came my way so I gently tapped it. As I did so, I slipped about 2 inches on the gravel and one of the guys came up to me and asked me if I was all right in an overly concerned manner. I mean really, was that necessary?! I barely did anything and he made such a big deal about it. Another thing that made me mad and everyone else on the AIFS team was that from 5 feet away from the goal, they would kick the ball as hard as they could. This was completely unnecessary and it never worked to their advantage. I feel like they were compensating for something. Well we lost to them so no more soccer :-(.
After the game was when the real fun began though. As we were walking back, we came across some monkey bars so I decided that it would be fun to hold on to one of the bars and swing myself back and forth. It was a good idea at the time, well not really because I was wearing my mittens and that doesn't really work out too well when you are trying to hold onto something. Needless to say, after I got enough momentum, I lost my grip and landed hard on my stomach. It hurt but I was laughing because it must have looked incredibly funny. My right wrist kind of hurts now and I somehow got a cut on my left elbow even though I was wearing my sweatshirt. I am so smart aren't I? That is all the news for now except that the elevator in my apartment is not working so it is difficult to navigate the dark stair case. I hope I don't walk into any walls after coming back from tapas tonight. I will keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment