Hello Muddah, hello Faddah,
Here I am at Camp Granada.
Spain is very entertaining,
And we’ll all have more fun when we
can stop complaining.
“No hot water for our showers.”
“Dumb T.V. shows that last three
hours.”
“Our señoras all pinch the euros.”
And “You can’t fit more than three in
elevators.”
All the hams here still have feet on,
But the toilets have no seat on.
You remember Betsy Weibels?
She got sick from eating food with limbs and eyeballs.
Now I don’t want you to worry,
But the drivers always hurry,
Drive no handed, and chat on the mobile,
Once I nearly got myself run o-ber!
Fly me home! Oh Muddah, Faddah,
Fly me home! I hate Granada!
Don’t leave me in the Correos line,
Still waiting ‘til the end of time!
Fly me home! I promise I will study more,
And never ever slam the door!
Oh, please don’t make me stay!
I’ve been here ONE...WHOLE...DAY!
Dearest Faddah, Darling Muddah,
How’s my brilliant little bruddah?
Let me come home, grant my wishes.
I will gladly mow the lawn and wash the dishes.
Wait a minute...folks are joking,
Speaking clearly, and not smoking.
Keeping dogs leashed, gee that’s better.
Muddah, Faddah, please just throw away this letter.
Every week we get an AIFS newsletter and this was included in it this past week. It was written by and AIFS student many years ago and when I read it I knew immediately that I had to post it. It is so funny and so true at the same time. It also reminds me of when Meg went to camp and everyone was singing that. Ah, the memories. Well I hope you all enjoyed and got a good chuckle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment