Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I've got mail

Indeed I have. I went to the AIFS office today an lo and behold, there was a package for me! Woot! I have been waiting for this package very anxiously for a whole week and it has finally come. It was pretty weighty and when I opened it, there was a box inside the box. I open the second box to find the Sunday comics from 2 weeks ago. Oh how I miss the Sunday paper. The next thing that I encountered was an envelope with a picture of my dad drinking a liter of beer at TKD testing. What?! I know. Apparently when my mom was packing the box, that picture was just lying on the table so she decided to just throw it in with the rest of the stuff. A little odd, but ok. The next object that I grabbed was wrapped in paper towels and when I unwrapped it, I was completely confused because it was a can opener. Who on earth mails someone a can opener? Oh that is right, someone who knows how much their daughter loves cranberry sauce and realizes that she is missing Thanksgiving so sends her a can on it along with the utensil needed to open it. Good thinking mom! Now I will not miss Thanksgiving because I have my own supply of cranberry sauce. It won't be the same as the homemade stuff but it is better than nothing. Also included in the box was 4 boxes of my favorite candy and 2 boxes of Junior Mints. If you don't know what my favorite candy is, looks like you will never know what those 4 boxes were. Too bad! Anyway, the last thing that I got was wrapped in a Wilber's General Store bag. My first thought went to cheese but then I immediately ruled that out because the cheese would have probably gone bad and that would just be gross. It turned out to be a navy blue long sleeve t-shirt that says Little Compton, Rhode Island on it and also has a sailboat on it. It smells like the store too. Good old LC! I am going to go munch on some candy now.

Word of the day: ArĂ¡ndano - cranberry
Salsa de arĂ¡ndanos - cranberry sauce

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, you must have the BEST parents in the whole wide world!!

Meg said...

I want a tshirt too!!