Monday, October 8, 2007

Things to remember

I was thinking this morning of all the things that I hope not to forget about this past week so I decided to write them down and share.

-Staying up to 2 in the morning with my friends in the hotel talking about each of our boyfriends (There were definitely some funny stories for this one)
-Having Principe cookies for the first time (mmmm, delicioso)
-Buying more postcards than I know what to do with
-Trying to steal flan from another table and saying that I would do a dance to distract everyone
-Being able to make pasta in the hostel in Barcelona (hooray for comfort food)
-Finding chocolate chip cookies
-Eating a cinnamon raisin bagel at The Bagel Shop in Barcelona (they don't have bagels in Spain so it was quite the delicacy)
-Seeing the only complete set of Stradivarius instruments (string quintet) in the Palacio Real in Madrid and not realizing it until a few days later after buying clothes from a store called Stradivarius and then proceeding to find out more information of Stradivari.
-Pulling an all nighter just so that we wouldn't have to pay for an extra night at the hostel (our plane was leaving early enough that we only would have used the hostel for 2 hours any way)
-Buying dried fruit almost every day in Barcelona at the open market because it was that good (kiwis and pineapple)
-Maria haggling with all the shop keepers in Barcelona and getting discounts on magnets and postcards

1 comment:

tjcrewd said...

*out plane? and everyday or every day?