I think this may have been my favorite night of the three. My friend Karen arrange it and it was with two girls that are our age and there names are Barbara and Rocio. They took us to this bar that we have never been to but it was nice and I think that I will go back. I got a sprite and as for tapas, we got two bowls; one with nuts and the other with gummy candy. It was a nice change from the usual. They only could stay for an hour because they were helping out a friend work a bar that night but it was loads of fun. It was easier talking to them because of their age and gender and they always had something to say. I think that we are going to try to get together with them again and they mentioned maybe going bowling. That would be so awesome. Who bowls in Spain with Spaniards? That's right, I do. Another great part about the intercambio was that they paid. It was just the two sprites for the both of us but I consider that to be pretty generous. I think it might be because Barbara is rich. She said that her dad owns a car dealership and that she has a car and a moto (moped). Pretty cool though. One thing that they told us was that Rocio goes out with Barbara's brother. Karen and I found that strange but they said that it wasn't because they have been friends for a while which I thought would be more strange but I didn't say anything. It is probably just a cultural thing. Another thing that was also good about tonight was that neither of them really spoke English, so the whole time we were speaking in Spanish. Hooray for improving Spanish skills!
Aside from the awesomeness of tonight, I had another cool experience this afternoon when I was walking up to the AIFS office. I was almost there when I saw Paco walking towards me. He noticed me as well and we stopped and talked to each other for a minute and then went on our ways. I know this doesn't seem like a great story but it was exciting for me because it made me feel like a true Granadian. I finally feel like I am part of Spain and that this is my culture and my way of life too. It was just an interesting feeling. Anyway, I go to Gibraltar, Seville, and Córdoba this weekend so I hope to have lots of fun. I will be sure to take many pictures too :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment