Monday, October 29, 2007

Granada again

I am back from my weekend trip to see Gibraltar, Seville, and Cordoba. It was a fun trip but it is good to be back in Granada. We left Friday morning and went straight into another country: Gibraltar. Yes, I went to another country because Gibraltar, if you did not know, is a territory of England so we had to bring our passports and everything. Customs was pretty lame though because they didn't even look at the passport. They just let us all walk by without even glancing at us. While we were there, it was the strangest feeling to be hearing English being spoken in the streets and in the stores. I think I went through a bit of a culture shock. Now I can only image what it will be like when I come home. Gibraltar wasn't too interesting but we got to see Africa in the distance and also some apes. I hope to have my pictures up tomorrow so you can all see the wild apes that I was too scared to stand next to for a picture so I stood a few feet away. Some other people were braver and were actually petting the apes. Crazy stuff! From there we went to Seville and checked into our rooms which had little kitchenettes in them. Conveniently, there was a supermarket across the street so we went over there and bought some stuff to make tacos! It was very exciting. They, however, didn't have the taco mix so we just bought the burrito mix and made do. They were delicious. The next day we toured Seville and that night for dinner we made some pasta which took about an hour to make because we couldn't figure out the dials on the stove. Then on Sunday, we left Seville and went to Cordoba which I found to be pretty boring but that could be because our tour guide was boring. At 5 we got back on the bus and headed to Granada.

In class this morning I had a presentation on an article in the newspaper. It was about a group of paralyzed people visiting the Alhambra. I think I did a decent job. It is not like the grades really matter here though because URI only cares if I pass or fail. That gives me some relief so I am not stressing out or anything. After that class was over, I went to the office to relax as I usually do and wait until my class at 12:30. After being there for 15 minutes, Maria comes in and tells me that class is canceled because he is sick. Hooray! I didn't really care that much but it kind of stinks now because we will have to make up the class on a Friday. Oh well. So once I found that out I decided to go shopping for some things that I needed. I first went to a shoe store and got a pair of slippers for only 3 euros because the floors a really cold here. Next, I went to a little convenience store where I bought some mouthwash and toothpaste. I was also going to buy some more shampoo and conditioner but they only had shampoo so I didn't feel like buying it.

So onto some exciting news, you are all now one hour closer to your's truly for one whole week. Why do you ask? It is because daylight savings time ended this past weekend while your's ends next weekend. How great is that!

Word of the day: Zapatillas - slippers

Oh boy, there is now even more exciting news!! Maribel just got back from the supermarket and she came to my room to show me that she bought a HUGE bag of clementines! This is turning out to be a great day.

Bonus WOD: Mandarina - clementine

No comments: