Sunday, October 7, 2007

Back in Granada

My week of traveling is over and it was a blast. I saw Madrid, Segovia, Toledo, and Barcelona. I was all over Spain. I flew back this morning. It was rough because my flight was at 6:25 in the morning so Maria and I decided not to stay at the hostel for the last night. We were able to stay in the basement of the hostel with free computers and internet access until 1AM and then we left. We took the metro to where the night bus to the airport was. We finally got to the airport at about 3:30 and we just sat down because we could not check in yet. I tried sleeping so I was sitting at an angle which made my head be partly on the chair next to me. While I am resting, I suddenly feel the chair shake a bit and I open my eyes to see that a guy has sat down next to me. He disturbed my sleep and forced me to move because if he sat back, he would have squashed my head. There wasn't even a lack of seats around so I don't know what possessed him to sit next to me. Maria could not stop laughing. He ended up leaving 5 minutes later so I was even angrier at him. It was just really rude for him to have done that because I was obviously sleeping. The nerve of some people. So after that incident, we checked in, had a bagel and chocolate milk, and then waited at our gate. It did not take too long to get on the plane after that. It was cool because we had to take a bus out to our plane and then use one of those movable stairs to board the plane. I passed out as soon as I sat down and then woke up when the plane started to descend into Granada. I got at least a good hour of sleep. Once we landed, we had to take a bus to Granada which I slept on and then we got off and had to walk back to our apartments. It was cold this morning so as soon as I got back, I put my pjs on and climbing into bed. I slept for about 4 hours, took a shower, unpacked, and then had lunch. After lunch, my hand nearly fell off writing so many postcards. I will have to get stamps tomorrow for all of them because nothing is open today. Pictures should also be up tomorrow as long as I go to the CLM for a faster internet connection. Then classes start on Tuesday, how thrilling. Well that is all for now. Be on the lookout for pictures from around Spain!

Words of the day: Dormir - to sleep
Aeropuerto - airport
Aeroplano - airplane
Viaje - trip

No comments: