Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Long weekend

I don't have any class tomorrow because it is All Saints day! Hooray for a day off!! At the same time of all this greatness there is a downside: nothing will be open tomorrow. So while I don't have class, I will be working on homework throughout the day. Aw :-( This will give me a day to sleep in which is good. Aside from doing homework, I have no idea what to fill my day with. I guess I will just wing it. In sports related news, my volleyball team lost on Monday. There is however another AIFS team that is still in the runnings so I hope they do well. Tonight there was a soccer game for AIFS team two and even though I am on team one, I went because many people are going away for the long weekend so they wouldn't have enough people to play. Because of that, the captain from team two asked people from team one who weren't going any where to fill in for them. Maria and I decided to go but when we got there no one from our team showed while the other team was 9 guys who looked pretty intense. Seeing as we did not have enough people, we forfeited but they asked us if we wanted to stay and scrimmage with them. We decided to stay and it was fun. I felt like such an awful soccer player though because I think half of them were Spanish or from so other Spanish speaking country so they had grown up playing soccer. I think that is all the news that I have to report. Hasta luego!

Phrase of the Day: Estar cerrado: to be closed (store)
Estar abierto: to be open

No comments: