This past week sports started for the people at the CLM. On Monday I had a volleyball game and then on Wednesday I had a soccer game. As you might already assume, my team won both days. It was great except for the wound that I acquired while playing soccer because it still stings. It is great that we won because this competition is elimination so once you lose, you are done. I am so glad that we did not get out in the first round. My volleyball team does not have a game this Monday but the other AIFS team does so I am thinking about going to it. I am not sure about soccer though. I think I have a game on Wednesday but it might be the same deal as volleyball. I guess I will have to find out from someone. One thing that I forgot to mention is that the AIFS teams look super swank because we all have matching t-shirts that were given to us by the AIFS director, Paula. We looked so awesome. All the other teams just wear whatever shirt they have lying around and they look so un-team like. There is an exception though. The team that we played against in soccer wore actual jerseys. Oh my! Yes, we were intimidated at first but then we crushed them 4-1. Ah, the sweet taste of victory. They won't be playing again now so it is such a waste about their uniforms :-) That is all for now. Wish me luck for next week's games.
Words of the day: Voleibol
Fútbol
Deportes
Camisetas - t-shirts
I think that you can figure out what the other words are and if you can't, well that stinks for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So wait, who are you playing in soccer? Are you not playing other Europeans? Or are there Europeans on your soccer team too? Or is it just Americans? All I know is that for intramural sports here, all the foreign grad students are on a whole other level of soccer play. Hats of to you if you beat them!
Post a Comment