Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Paco

Tonight I have my first intercambio. An intercambio is where you meet with a Spanish person and half the time you speak in Spanish and the other half of the time you speak in English. The other day one of my teachers told us that she was teaching a class with Spaniards and that if we wrote down our information she would give it to one of them so we could set up an intercambio. The person who got my information emailed me at the end of last week. His name is Fransisco but Paco is his nickname. He told me when he had class and then gave me his number. I finally got up the nerve and called him last night. He was driving when I called so he said that he would call me back in 10 minutes. After 15 had gone by, I started to get nervous and I thought that maybe I was supposed to call him back and I had just not heard him correctly. I was about to give up hope on him returning the call when he called me which was 25 after he said he would. We found out that we have I have class while he is free and that he has class while I am free. He thought of getting together this weekend but I told him that I was going away to Sevilla. We eventually decided upon meeting tonight. Thankfully, my friend Karen is coming with me so it isn't too weird and also that he does not kidnap me or something. I don't know where we are going to go but I am assuming that he will have some idea. I hope all goes well. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Ha ha! Good luck Mart! Tell us all about it when you get home!

tjcrewd said...

Intercambia was it? Isn't that Spanish for "date"?