I finally made it to my destination and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I can connect to a wireless network from my room. It is a bit in and out but it is better than nothing. The London stopover was all right. The first day we were on our own which was kind of annoying seeing as we had no idea what we were doing and how to get places. The second day was better because we had a tour in the morning to key spots in London. I am going to put pictures up as soon as possible but I have to wait for my card reader for the camera. I left it at home and now I have to figure out where my parents should send it. When it arrives I will most definitely post pictures for all to see. This morning we had to wake up and be in the lobby for 4:30 so I got about 2 and a half hours of sleep. I slept a little on the plane and then I also had a snooze on the bus ride from Malaga to Granada. When we got off the bus in Granada, our host families were waiting for us. I live with a woman in her 40s and her name is Maribel. She is really nice and the apartment that she lives in is cute. She said that she has been hosting people for 15 years now. It has been difficult communicating because my Spanish is less than to be desired. I am now sitting in my room waiting for dinner at 8:30 and then after that I will probably go to bed because I am wiped out. Tomorrow is a tour of the city so we know where the university is and other things like the post office and hospital. I hope to update this frequently because there are going to be many interesting stories to tell. Hasta luego!
Word of the day: Jamón - ham
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha! i love the word of the day. you should always do that. it is great.
Post a Comment