Monday, July 30, 2007

Airline Trouble

So yesterday I had to fly home from BWI and there was bad weather every where. My flight was originally supposed to leave at 5:20 but when I arrived at the airport, it was listed as leaving at 6:10. A little later it was listed for 7:10. I was all right with this because I would still get home by 9 and be able to get a good night sleep. Soon after the second time change, it was changed to 9:10 but they said that it was not definite. I called my mom and Meg to tell them about my woes and they were sad for me. Meg called me back later to tell me that if my flight gets canceled, Laura and Charlie would pick me up and I would be able to sleep at their house. She also informed me that the Colemans were flying out of BWI too and that I should try to find them. I never found them but Chris, Meg's former boyfriend, saw them because he was there too. He also told Meg that he saw me but that I was briskly walking away somewhere so he couldn't catch me. Later on, I saw Jill Mulcahey's mom walking around but I did not talk to her because I did not want to lose my seat. Every one's flights were delayed and I finally left at around 10:30. I got into PVD at 11:45. It took forever to get my luggage because there were 4 flights that came in at the same time. My dad picked me up and I arrived home at 12:30am. What fun! I had work in the morning too...or so I thought.

It was raining and thundering and lightning this morning around 5:30 and it continued to rain until 7:30 and then was cloudy. I got the call that work was canceled at 7:45 and while I was on the phone, the sun came out. It was sunny for the rest of the day but I was so happy that there wasn't any camp because I was so tired. On my day off, I went up to Boston with my mom to get my passport back with my visa from the Spanish consulate. If I had not been able to go today, I would have had to take a day out of work which I did not want to do seeing as last Friday I did not go to work. Oh how things work out sometimes.

No comments: