Friday, August 31, 2007

La Alhambra

The visit to the Alhambra was today. We had to walk up a long and steep hill that took a good 20 minutes and then we were there. We had the option of taking the tour in Spanish or in English so I opted for the one in Spanish. The tour guide for the Spanish section was really nice and told us many interesting things that I have already forgotten. It was weird because he had a really good Spanish accent so we thought he was from the area but when he started to speak English, he had a British accent. Everyone was thrown off by that. So that gives me some hope that one day my accent could be mistaken for a Spaniards. So the whole tour lasted about 2 hours and I got home at 3 for lunch. At 5 I went shopping again and bought Meg one part of her birthday present. I hope she likes it. I also bought some postcards to send but I need to go somewhere to buy stamps. It is 78 cents to send a postcard or something crazy like that so I probably won't be sending too many. Sorry in advance if you don't get one. You can always email me. :-) Tomorrow morning the AIFS group is going to Costa del sol to the beach. I should be fun!

Word of the day: Derramar - to spill liquid

Why it is the WOD:
I bought some ice cream today and I was sitting down eating it when Meg yelled to me that the bottom of the cone was dripping onto my clothes. I got drops of ice cream on my shirt and on my pants. How lovely! I had to ask Maria how to say that I spilled ice cream so I could say it to my host mom because I wanted her to know before she did the laundry.

No comments: