Sunday, June 17, 2007
Martha Bellows and Kayleigh Lagasse: Bird Huntresses
Before I go into the details about the trip to NJ, I need to let everyone know about a most trying incident that happened on Friday. I was home by myself and I was reading in the living room. Suddenly I hear fluttering in the dining room and I look up to see a bird trying to escape. I had no idea what to do so I quickly called my mom who told me that she would not be home for a while so I needed to deal with the problem myself. So armed with nothing, I slowly approached the dining room to find out where the bird went off to. It was pinned between a box and the wall with Cleo the cat on the other side of the box. I scared Cleo away and then I called my friends Kayleigh who lives nearby. She answers her phone thankfully and I ask her what she is up to. She tells me that she is eating lunch and reading. I figure she would oblige to coming over so I explain the whole situation and in response she starts laughing and says that she will be over in a few minutes. While waiting for Kayleigh I went upstairs to change seeing as I was still in my pj's. When I came back downstairs Kayleigh was hear but the bird was no where to be found. I had already closed doors around the house so the bird could only be in 1 of 4 rooms: the kitchen, living room, dining room, and porch. We searched high and low and Kayleigh finally found it in a corner in the porch. We got some gardening gloves so we could try to catch it without contracting a weird disease (Kayleigh is usually prone to this so we had to be extra careful). Kayleigh slowly approached the bird and reached for it when it suddenly started to fly. We both started screaming and I ran out into the backyard. It landed next to the front porch door so I told Kayleigh to simply open the door and let it fly away. She did not listen and tried to grab it again so it started flying around the porch until it flew out the door to the backyard that I had held open. Now that the bird was gone, I had to vacuum a bunch of feathers up from all around the house and wipe out some bird blood that had gotten on the wall and window. How lovely! Kayleigh then left to finish her lunch. I reprimanded the cat but I do not think she really understood what was happening. Cats are crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment