Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Not procrastination, germination
What am I doing right now you ask? Well I am not writing my two assignments that are due tomorrow, that's for sure. Now I know that most of you reading this, all two of you, are probably thinking right now that I am procrastinating but I am going to inform you that I am not. The act of procrastination involves the postponing or delaying of an action. While at first glance I know it must seem like that is exactly what I am doing, but I'm not. Instead of procrastinating like everyone else, I have embarked on a new concept called "germinating." You now must be saying to yourself, "but Martha, germination is already a word." Yes, I know this but to my knowledge, it has never been used in this way before. The idea that I want it to evoke is that when someone is germinating, they are thinking about what to write and waiting for the correct moment when their creative juices are flowing so as to produce the best possible result. This may seem ridiculous to go through all of this trouble of writing a blog but I do this because I no longer want to be called a procrastinator which generally has a negative connotation. As a replacement for this word, from now on, I will be called a germinator. To me this sends the message that I am actively doing something even though it appears that I am not. Now that this word is defined and clarified, go forth and use it in your every day lives! I warn you, however, to only use it when you are actually germinating because I do NOT want this word to become a synonym of procrastinating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah ha! Mystery solved!
Post a Comment